Electric sauna heaters with rocks are a popular type of sauna heater that use electric heating elements to heat up a pile of rocks, which then radiate heat and steam into the sauna room. These heaters are typically installed on the wall of the sauna room and can be controlled using a thermostat or timer.
The rocks used in electric sauna heaters are typically made of natural materials such as granite or basalt. They are chosen for their ability to retain heat and distribute it evenly throughout the sauna room. When the electric heating elements are turned on, the rocks heat up and begin to radiate heat and steam, creating a hot and humid environment that is ideal for sweating and relaxation.
One of the benefits of electric sauna heaters with rocks is that they are relatively easy to install and maintain. They do not require a chimney or flue like traditional wood-burning sauna heaters, and they can be controlled with a simple thermostat or timer. They are also energy-efficient, as they only heat the rocks when needed, rather than constantly burning fuel like a wood-burning heater.
However, electric sauna heaters with rocks do have some drawbacks. They are generally slower to heat up than wood-burning heaters, and they may not provide the same level of heat as a hot wood stove. Additionally, the rocks can become saturated with moisture over time, which can cause them to crack or even explode if they are heated too quickly.
1. Traditional electric sauna heaters: These heaters use heating elements to heat the rocks, which in turn heat the air and create steam.
2. Capacity: Electric sauna heaters with rocks come in a range of sizes, from small heaters suitable for home saunas to larger commercial units. The capacity of the heater you choose will depend on the size of your sauna room and how many people will be using it.
3. Installation: Electric sauna heaters with rocks are typically installed on the wall of the sauna room, and should be placed at a safe distance from any combustible materials. They should also be wired by a licensed electrician.
4. Rocks: The rocks used in electric sauna heaters should be high-quality, heat-resistant stones such as basalt or granite. You can purchase special sauna rocks from sauna supply stores, or use rocks that you have gathered yourself. It's important to make sure the rocks are clean and free of debris before using them in the sauna.
5. Maintenance: To keep your electric sauna heater with rocks in good working condition, it's important to clean the rocks regularly to remove any built-up sediment or mineral deposits. You should also inspect the heating elements periodically to make sure they are in good condition and replace them if necessary.
6. Safety: Electric sauna heaters with rocks can get very hot, and it's important to follow all safety guidelines to avoid the risk of burns or fire. Make sure the heater is installed properly, use only high-quality rocks, and never pour water on the heating elements when they are red hot, as this can cause steam explosions.
Overall, electric sauna heaters with rocks are a popular and convenient way to heat a sauna, and can provide a relaxing and enjoyable sauna experience for many years with proper maintenance and safety precautions. They are a convenient and efficient way to heat a sauna, a popular choice for home saunas, and are relatively easy to install and use.
One of most popular home electric sauna heaters with rocks are the Hotass models; ClubHeat, ProHeat and HomeHeat.
Other models we carry that do not typically come with rocks included are: